Student Referral Centre (S.R.C.)
The Student Referral Centre (SRC) provides a comprehensive behavior support and intervention service to all Academy students through targeted support.
The Centre has four main aims:
- To provide an alternative sanction to fixed term exclusion.
- To provide a highly disciplined environment in which students work in isolation.
- To address behavioral and emotional issues through targeted ongoing support.
- To reduce the number of fixed term exclusions and improve students behavior.
The Centre is staffed by the Student Referral Centre Manager and Behavior 支持 Assistant.
All students placed in isolation in the centre receive a 1:1 support and advice session during their stay. This is used to determine the level of ongoing behaviour support required. The SRC also caters for students who do not require isolation but are in need of assistance with emotional or behavioural issues. These are assessed in an initial 1:1 session to determine an ongoing programme of support.
支持 takes the form of one or more of the following interventions
- 1:1 支持 and advice sessions
- 1:1 Classroom support sessions
- Group support sessions
- Mediation service between students and or staff/students
- Mentoring programmes including peer mentoring
Behaviour Courses and workshops on topics that include:
- Anger management
- Positive Relationships and Sexual Health
- Positive Body Language
- Personal Grooming and Presentation
- Gun, Gang and Knife Crime
- Drugs and Alcohol Awareness
- Communication and Teamwork
- Breaking Free from Risk Taking Behaviour
- Bereavement 支持
Outside agencies/facilitators used:
- METRO Boys Project
- Football Beyond Borders
- London Fire Brigade